Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Coming To Town says Arsenal's Emmanuel Frimpong

Ghanaian born midfield powerhouse Emmanuel Yaw Frimpong who plays for Arsenal FC would be coming to his homeland, Ghana, on June 2, 2010. Yaw Frimpong born on January 2, 1992 moved to England at the age of 9 and was scouted by Arsenal when he was playing for a local side called Broadwater Farm. He joined the club after a short trial and quickly became one of the rising stars of his year group which included Sanchez Watt and Jack Wilshire.
As a 15year old schoolboy, Manny as he is affectionately called, captained the Under 18s side and made his first team debut in a friendly against Huddersfield in the summer of 2008.
Speaking to your authoritative blog, Yaw Frimpong said:
“I am coming to Ghana this summer to see my family in Kumasi”.
Manny has represented England as a teenager but declared in February 2010 that his international future lies with Ghana. He won youth international honours for England but despite spending a decade in England, his heart remains with his homeland.
“I have always said that, no matter what, I will always play for Ghana because at the end of the day, from what I believe, I am a Ghanaian.”
“England has done a lot for me and my family but at the end of the day I can’t see myself playing for England because I am not English. I am from Ghana.”
Speaking on his chances in the Black stars team, Yaw Frimpong said:
“With players like Essien and Muntari, I don’t think I’ve got any chance at the moment!”, he smiled.
“But hopefully, you never know in the future, I might get a chance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment