Sunday, July 17, 2011

Arsenal's Frimpong Committed To Impress

Arsenal and Ghana youngster Emmanuel Frimpong is away with the Arsenal team on a pre-season tour of Asia. Arsene Wenger’s side are billed to play a friendly with Malaysia XI in Kuala Lumpur and Hangzhou Greentown in China on Saturday.

The young midfielder was impressive at last season’s pre-season campaign but did his cruciate at training after the first game of the 2010/11 premier league season away to Liverpool.

Frimpong, who manager Arsene Wenger had set to be given more chances to impress recovered from the serious knee injury he suffered at the start of last season in April and is now aiming to make up for the lost time.

“Every time I come on the pitch and with the more time I spend, the more confident I feel I just want to be on the pitch in training. The physio has told me the more time I spend on the pitch, the more confident I’m going to be in myself.“

However, the 19-year old admits he is not fully fit compared to the previous year and would only need to be patient to reach top form.

“I’m still not 100% fit as last year but that will come. I just have to be patient.”

Emmanuel Frimpong reiterates his commitment to the game, readiness to take the opportunity he gets and hopes to stay injury free.

“I’m one of the players that just want to give their all when I’m on the pitch so this is a big opportunity to show what i can do so hopefully, everything goes well, I stay clear off injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment